The Underline Careers
Join the vibrant, engaged teams of Friends of The Underline and The Underline Conservancy. Every day we work to build a platform for engagement and community through programming, public green spaces and alternative transportation.
Fundraising and Special Projects Coordinator
This job will report to our Chief Advancement Officer.
- Coordinate, document and support all fundraising, cultivation and outreach with potential and existing donors.
- Support the Chief Advancement Officer increase revenue opportunities for the Friends of The Underline
- Coordinate systems, procedures and controls to ensure that cultivation and solicitation activities are documented and kept up to date on a daily basis
- Within that system, ensure that all donations and pledges are entered accurately, including any restrictions that the donor may have placed on the gift.
- Donor relations and cultivation
- Ensure sponsor and donor fulfillment for all aspects of all donations including recognition, activations and programs
- Generate weekly reports on fundraising activity and track progress to goal to ensure fundraising goals are advanced.
- Be proactive to advance donor engagement and follow up.
- Robust professional communication on donor correspondence and cultivation
- Create comprehensive budgets for donor related events and engagement
- Ensure documentation for the Finance Committee is accurate and complete.
- Work with the Data leader to create procedures and policies regarding the use of Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with the planning of and execution of donor related events
- Other duties as assigned
- Clear and concise written and oral communicator
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Responsible and organized
- Relationship builder
- Experienced in office management
- Excellent capability in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Passionate about The Underline’s Goals
- Gala/event experience
- Capital campaign experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to work within an office environment and have regular interaction via telephone, email, virtual and in-person meetings with management, staff, donors and donor prospects, volunteers, board and committee members, governmental and other affiliates, partners and industry peers. Evening and weekend events are part of this job.
Patrice Gillespie Smith, Chief Operations Officer