Friends of The Underline Adds Six New Members to Its Board of Directors
Miami, Fla., Dec. 27, 2019 – Friends of The Underline (FUL), a 501C3 non-profit organization advocating to transform the underutilized land below Miami’s Metrorail into a 10-mile linear park, urban trail and public art destination, today announced that it has added six new board members. The group includes prominent community, business and civic leaders.
Those joining include:
- Rudy Fernandez, Senior Vice President for Public Affairs and Communications and Chief of Staff to the University of Miami President
- Alina Tejeda Hudak, former deputy mayor, Miami-Dade
- Ryan Marks, manager in business consulting services, Kaufman Rossin
- Grace Perdomo, director of urban design, Zyscovich Architects
- Salma Merchant Rahmathulla, creative director, Pelicans Group
- Rudy Prio Touzet, founder and CEO, Banyan Street Capital
”As we get closer to opening the first phase of this project, it is exciting that we continue to attract the attention of Miami’s best and brightest who are willing to give their time and energy to make The Underline happen,” said Meg Daly, President and CEO for Friends of The Underline. “Fundraising remains one of our highest priorities and it will take a great team of board members to help the community understand how much their support is needed to deliver this transformative project to Miami.”
The first phase of The Underline, The Brickell Backyard, is scheduled to open Summer 2020.
About The Underline
The Underline is a planned 10-mile urban trail, linear neighborhood park and public art destination that will span from the Miami River, north of Brickell Metrorail station, to Dadeland South. The Underline project will feature dedicated bike and pedestrian paths, amenities, art, programming, lighting, native vegetation as well as safety features and improvements at road crossings. The Underline will be built in phases, the first of which will begin in the Brickell area. For more information visit, www.theunderline.org and/or follow them on social on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @theunderlinemia.