To ensure your space is beautiful every day, please follow these rules:
- Drive a car on the trails
- Walk on plants
- Sit on railing or climb fences
- Carry glass bottles or alcohol, unless permitted
- Block entrances or paths
- Skateboard on the furniture
- Conduct commercial activity, except by permit
- Enjoy free WiFi, brought to you by Hotwire
- Experience the nature and the activity of our urban respite
- Leash your dog and pick up after your dog (we have plenty of dog waste bags if needed)
- For emergencies, call 911.
- Identify the nearest mile marker or column number.
Contact the on-call manager at 305-603-9895 with park questions or concerns.
Know Before You Go!
Welcome to The Underline. Here are a few things you should know as you plan your visit:
- Hours: The Underline’s multimodal trail is open 24/7. The Urban Gym sponsored by Baptist Health and the Flex court sponsored by Swire Properties (basketball and soccer) are open from 7AM to 9PM.
- Free: The Underline’s Brickell Backyard is accessible to all and free. Everyone is welcome.
- Location: The Underline’s Brickell Backyard spans from the Miami River to Coral Way or 13th Street (0.5 miles).
- Amenities: The Brickell Backyard features four rooms: 1) The River Room (walking-trail and dog-friendly area); 2) The Gym and Flex Court (Half-court basketball, mini soccer pitch, jogging/running track, and bodyweight workout equipment); 3) The Promenade (sound stage and plaza sponsored by Florida Power and Light), dining table and gaming tables) and; 4) Oolite Room (seating areas, butterfly gardens and art). Throughout all these areas, you can enjoy our multimodal trail.
- Benches: Please be courteous and give priority to elderly persons, persons with disabilities, and pregnant persons. Maintain social distancing while using benches.
- COVID Protocols: Health and Safety Guidelines for parks can be found here.
- Security: The Brickell Backyard has 24-hour security through Kent Securities. If you need to report any incident or crime, please look for nearby security personnel. In case of an emergency, call 911.
- Food vendors: We do not currently offer food on-site, however, dozens of restaurants are located within a 10-minute walk of The Underline.
- Accessible: The Underline was designed with Universal Design principles: “to be usable by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design.”
- Bathrooms: While there are no permanent restrooms at The Underline, adjacent businesses and the Metrorail station have accessible public restrooms.
- FAQ: Please review our FAQ as well for more information about The Underline.
- Park Rules: All visitors to The Underline will be treated with dignity and respect. To ensure that everyone’s experience is safe and welcoming, The Underline has posted park rules.
- Additional Questions: Contact our on-call manager at 305-603-9895 with park questions or concerns.
- Lost and Found: All items found on The Underline will be held at 80 SW 8th Street, Suite 120, for up to 30 days. You may call (305) 603-9895 to inquire about lost items.